Friday, January 11, 2008

Uh, Mr. Adams? You can't take pictures here.


Moonrise over Hernandez, New Mexico, by Ansel Adams

"Uh, sir? I'm sorry, but we can't let you set up a camera and tripod here. Move along."

"What? I just need a minute, officer! The sky is perfect! Lookit that moon! The sun's about to set and the photo will be gone"

"I'm sorry sir, but you can't take pictures on public land. It's against the law."

"But what about the first amendment, freedom of speech and all that?"

"Sorry sir, but we can't risk that camera of yours being used for terrorist activities. We live in dangerous times, you know."

"Wait officer, don't take my camera away, I'm just trying to create a beautiful picture!"

"Sir, this hurts me more than it will hurt you."

"Aw, man! The moon's gone, the light's changed. That shot's gone forever. Wait--what are you doing? Owww! HEY DON'T TASE ME, BRO!"

EXERCISE YOUR FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT OF FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION: TAKE A PICTURE ON PUBLIC LAND TODAY!

And check out the Ansel Adams Gallery.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved the posting. It caught my eye as I just purchased this adam'a picture a few weeks ago. Looks like you , me and ansel might be meeting at Guantanamo Bay!

Mason Resnick said...

Thanks. I guess the probable cause for me is incitement to photograph.