Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Random NYC street shot #17

©2008 by Mason Resnick

Second of my Rcoh GX100 street test: I used Photoshop's adjust lighting > shadow contrast tool to lighten the shadow areas here, but despite the tricky lighting I think the Ricoh GX100's meter did a reasonable job. This is the last of my attempts to use the AF, which simply didn't react fast enough. The shutter does not lock up while focusing, which means shorter lag time but also means autofocusing is risky as it may not be done by the time your press the button all the way. Manual focus is better but takes some getting used to.

I also noticed that it takes a fairly light touch to trigger the shutter release--but there were times when I though I'd captured the shot but the shutter release never triggered. By the end of the day I was back to pressing the shutter release firmly.

I shot this at ISO 100, and while highlights look fine you can see a bit of grain in the shadow areas at full size.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: